Does this sound like you?
- You would like to be more “on the same page” with your partner when it comes to co-parenting
- Your family is having difficulty adjusting to a life transition (i.e. divorce, separation, job change, illness, loss of parent, etc…).
- You would like for your home to feel less chaotic
- You would like help addressing family issues appropriately
- You want your children to listen more and respect your rules
- You would like to learn how to have more structure and consistency in your household
- You would like to learn how to communicate effectively with each other in order for there to be mutual respect and deeper connection.
As stated previously on my About Page, my passion for working with families began when I was a child. Although my parents were very supportive of me, I witnessed a lot of negative communication and interactions as well as times when my family would refuse to talk about things for fear of hurting each other or because it was just too emotionally painful. While not wanting to hurt others seems like a pretty good idea, there are consequences for these choices such as built up resentment, avoidance, unresolved conflict, and increased anger outbursts. This can often lead to high family conflict or family members being emotionally “cut-off” from one another. I know firsthand that it doesn’t have to be this way!
I have been committed to working with families for 19 years in a variety of settings and if you are interested in receiving family therapy, here are ways I can help you:
Benefits of family therapy:
- Deeper understanding of each person’s perspective and “raw spots”
- Learn effective ways to communicate so your family will listen
- Increased support from other family members
- Learn ways to be a better listener
- Learn ways to pick your battles so everything doesn’t feel like a battle
- Learn ways to gain respect from each other
- Learn ways to be better co-parents so your children feel less confused
- Learn ways to be in charge of your household again without yelling or fighting’
Are you ready to change your life?
If you are ready to make a commitment to work on your relationship with the most important people in your life, your family, then call or email today for a free 15 minute phone consultation. I would love to help strengthen your family connection!