I know that you love your son or daughter and that getting them therapy services is your way of supporting and helping them get through this difficult time. Maybe your son or daughter has grown distant from you, has become increasingly angry or moody, or has made some bad choices along the way and you worry that something bad is going to happen to them if you don’t get them help. Maybe you would like your son or daughter to have someone to talk with about difficult topics or about life’s stressors because they refuse to open up about it at home. Whatever the case, I happen to love working with teenagers and I have over 15 years of experience helping teens reconnect with their families and learn healthy ways to manage their life.
I help teenagers with the following issues:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Peer Pressure
- Relationship Difficulties
- Low Self-Esteem
- Body Image Concerns
- Self-Harm Behaviors
- Mood Swings
- Academic Pressures
- Social Skills
- Increased Anger
- Difficulty Adjusting to a life transitions or change in the family
- Identity Issues
What can your teen get out of therapy?
I know that it can be difficult to get your teen to commit to coming to therapy and it will time to build a trusting relationship with your therapist. That is why I commit to providing a safe, non-judgmental environment where you and your teen feel safe and comfortable discussing difficult information. I try and include family members in sessions as often as I can (when deemed appropriate) so that everyone in the family learns ways to help their teen and the whole family at the same time. I also use creative strategies to help your teen enjoy therapy and commit to making a positive change.
Benefits of therapy:
- Greater connections with family members and friends
- Increased satisfaction with life
- Increased self-esteem
- Decreased anxiety and depressive symptoms
- Increased stress management skills
- Increased healthy decision making
- More cooperative and collaborative with others
- Increased awareness of self and relationships
- Increase in managing moods
- Increase in positive expression of emotions and communication
- Greater control over impulsive behaviors
- Increase in taking responsibility for behaviors
Have further questions about how therapy can help your teenager and family?
Call or email today for a free 15 minute phone consultation to see if I am a good fit for your needs!